A new RSS news reader app from the maker of PicoMail. Search for news feeds by site name or choose from a list of top feeds (CNN, Sports Illustrated, Engadget, etc.) or add a feed URL. Works well on my Motorola Rambler. Also works on the Motorola i776, although scrolling full stories is sluggish.
PicoRSS is a complete RSS reader and aggregator for any Java (J2ME, MIDP 2.0) or Symbian cellphone. Supporting the ability to search for feeds using keywords, top 10 daily feeds, real time headlines, viewing of articles and much more, PicoRSS enables users to stay up to date with a customized list of RSS feeds and, best of all, PicoRSS is free!
PicoRSS features include:
– Subscribe to multiple RSS feeds
– Keyword search for new feeds
– View articles using integrated HTML browser
– Save articles for offline viewing
– Share articles using Twitter, SMS/MMS
– Support for Atom and RSS feed types
– Images, including GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP formats
– Zoom, Fullsize, Save, OCR images
– Compression to reduce wireless data charges
– Support for Unicode and many character encodings
Author: PicoWireless, User Guide
Data Connection Required: yes
Minimum Java ME profile: MIDP 2.0
Screen Size: All
Screen Size: All
Boost CDMA Compatible: (tested on Motorola Rambler): Yes
iDEN Compatible: (tested on i776): Yes
Reported working on: Motorola Rambler, Motorola i776, Sanyo Incognito
Reported NOT working on:
The app “PicoRSS” (87 KB) is ready to download or send to your phone as filename: “PicoRSS”.
Downloading uses paid data. Downloads are for basic phones that support Java ME such as Nokia S40 phones. They do not work on Android, Apple, Firefox or Windows phones.