Another GPS tracking app that works with the iDEN Boost phones. Designed primarily for business who want to track their vehicles or employees, it can also be used for tracking friends and family members. It runs in the background on the phone transmitting its location every60 seconds. LocateA’s PC website shows all your users on a Bing map. There is no map on the phone
PC and phone users can send messages to each other. The app supports geo-fencing meaning you can define an area on the map and get an email alert or LocateA message when a phone enters or leaves the area.
Setting up LocateA for the first time is a bit confusing. The process is:
- Register an account at LocateA.net, wait for the email (it takes about a half hour). Click the activation link in the email.
- Log in to LocateA.net on the PC
- You you will se a screen asking you to add your first user,namely you. Fill in all the required fields and press ‘submit’.
- You will see a page called My Users, with a a map and one user listed (you) with a red X in the Live column.
- Start LocateA on the phone.
- Press the menu key and choose ‘settings’.
- Enter the ID number from the My Users page in the Username field
- Enter the PIN number from the My Users page Password field.
- Be sure to use the ID and PIN, NOT use the username & password you registered for LocateA with.
- Select Location API (JSR179)
- Select ‘OK’, then Press the left softkey “Log in/out”.
- After you are logged in press the right softkey labeled “Start/Stop”
- Once the screen shows “GPS fix OK”, go back to the My Users page and choose “Show my users” and your location will appear on the map.
Contributed by: arnold040
Author: LocateA Help, Forum
Data Connection Required: Yes
iDEN Compatible: (tested on i776): Yes
Boost CDMA Compatible: (tested on Motorola Rambler): No (Java error on startup)
Supported iDEN phones: All Falcon series (MIDP2) with Java ( i9, i856, i776, i465, i290, etc.)
Filesize: 123 KB
Downloading uses paid data. Downloads are for basic phones that support Java ME such as Nokia S40 phones. They do not work on Android, Apple, Firefox or Windows phones.