Opera Mini 7 was released today. Feature wise, It's the same as the Opera Mini Next Beta released 3 months ago. There are supposed to be lots of bug fixes. Opera Mini Next which added the following compared with Opera Mini 6.5.
- Support for more than 9 speed dials - you can add as many as you like, or as many as your device can handle.
- Improved support for Right To Left languages
- Tab improvements - Tabs are now closed with one click on touch screen devices. And when you close a tab, Opera Mini will switch to the one you used last.
- No more "www." in address bar. The auto completion still supports it, though.
- Text wrap toggle added
- New tabbed Start Page with Speed Dial and Smart Page tabs. The smart page displays:
- My Sites - Auto generated links to your three most visited sites. Swipe or arrow left to see six more.
- Social Networks - Displays the two most recent items from your Facebook News Feed and Twitter timeline. Swipe or arrow left to see more entries (up to six each from Facebook and Twitter).
- My News - Three headlines from RSS feeds. Swipe or click left to see three more headlines.
- Suggested Links - About 25 non-removable links to mainstream sites. The links are divided into categories like News, Finance, Sports and Social Networks
Because it's a release version, installing 7.0 will replace and upgrade your Opera Mini 6.x or 5.x version keeping your bookmarks and saved passwords. You will lose any saved pages from earlier versions, however.
Author: Opera Software - Product Page, Online Help, Forum
Data Connection Required: Yes
Minimum Java ME profile: MIDP 2.0
Screen Size: All
iDEN Compatible: (tested on i776): Maybe. Hangs on the i776, may run on the more powerful i9 and i856
Boost CDMA Compatible: (tested on Motorola Rambler): Yes
Reported working on: Motorola Rambler, Sanyo Innuendo
Reported NOT working on: Motorola i776
The app "Opera Mini" (310 KB) is ready to download or send to your phone as filename: "Mini7".