This is a Beta of Opera Mini 7.0 which Opera is calling “Opera Mini Next”.
New features in Opera Mini Next:
- Support for more than 9 speed dials – you can add as many as you like, or as many as your device can handle.
- Improved support for Right To Left languages
- Tab improvements – Tabs are now closed with one click on touch screen devices. And when you close a tab, Opera Mini will switch to the one you used last.
- No more “www.” in address bar. The auto completion still supports it, though.
- Text wrap toggle added
- New tabbed Start Page with Speed Dial and Smart Page tabs. The smart page displays:
- My Sites – Auto generated links to your three most visited sites. Swipe left to see six more.
- Social Networks – Displays the two most recent items from your Facebook News Feed and Twitter timeline. Swipe left to see more entries (up to six each from Facebook and Twitter).
- My News – Three headlines from RSS feeds. Swipe left to see three more headlines.
- Suggested Links – About 25 non-removable links to mainstream sites. The links are divided into categories like News, Finance, Sports and Social Networks
Known issues :
- Speed dials may move around unexpectedly and the order can be inconsistent.
Author: Opera Software – Product Page, Online Help, Forum
Data Connection Required: Yes
Minimum Java ME profile: MIDP 2.0
Screen Size: All
Touch Support: yes
Reported Working On: LG Rumor Reflex, Motorola Rambler, Nokia Asha 303, Samsung S8500 Wave
Reported Not Working On:
The app “Opera Mini Next” (314 KB) is ready to download or send to your phone as filename: “OpMiniNext”
Downloading uses paid data. Downloads are for basic phones that support Java ME such as Nokia S40 phones. They do not work on Android, Apple, Firefox or Windows phones.