This is another Bluetooth remote control app that was requested by a reader. It’s similar to MagicBlueHack but seems to work better. The app’s real name is “:BT_INFO” but most free download sites list it as “Super Bluetooth Hack”.
I installed it on my i776 and used it to connect to a Nokia N95-3 phone. The two phones need to be paired and the remote phone’s user has to allow the app to access it.
Many of the advertised functions (accessing the media player, making the remote phone ring, setting alarms, reading stored SMS messages, locking the keyboard, disabling the cellular radio) were either disabled as incompatible or did not work, but a few did:
- I could make calls from my i776 using the N95-3’s account and radios. The calls seemed clear and I could hear the other party and they could hear me.
- I was able to view a lot of information about the remote phone including; phone number, firmware version, battery level, signal strength, network ID and SIM ID.
- I could turn the N95-3 off by choosing “Minimum Functionality (Transceiver Off) “from the “Phone Function” menu.
The supported functions will vary depending on the type of phone you connect to.
When you first start it the app is in Slovenian. To change it to English:
- It should start on a page labeled “Nastavenia”, if it does not click on “Nastavenia” in the main menu. On the “Nastavenia” page.
- Click – “Sloven ina”
- Click “English”
- Press the Menu key
- Press the Left Softkey (labeled “Spa “)
Author: Marek Šedivý – Product Page
Data Connection Required: No
Reported Working On: Motorola i776, Motorola, i456, Motorola i856, Nokia N95
Reported Not Working On: LG ks360, LG Cookie Lite, Motorola i290, Samsung Craft
Downloading uses paid data. Downloads are for basic phones that support Java ME such as Nokia S40 phones. They do not work on Android, Apple, Firefox or Windows phones.