Downloading games to Boost phones can be confusing because Boost has two different networks called iDEN and CDMA. The two networks use fundamentally different technology and phones. The procedure for installing games and apps is also very different between iDEN and CDMA. Here are the basics for CDMA users:
How to tell if you have a CDMA phone.
If you have a Motorola phone with a model number starting with the letter "i" it's iDEN. Current iDEN models include the i290, i335, i465 "Clutch", i776, i856 "Debut" and the i9 "Stature". Ignore the rest of this post and go to the main BoostApps help page for download instructions.
If you have any phone that doesn't have a model number starting with the letter "i" or is not a Motorola, you have a CDMA phone. Current models include the Sanyo Incognito, Mirro, and Juno; Samsung Rant and Seek and Motorola W385 , Rambler and Bali.
How to download apps and games to CDMA phones
1) Visit boostapps.com with your phone's browser.
2) Find a game or app you want.
3) Click the "JAD" link below the app's description. The phone will download and install the app. Do not use the "Send to Phone" button!
The great thing about CDMA phones is that you aren't limited to using BoostApps.com or a Loader. CDMA phones can install games and apps from many free mobile download sites. The procedure varies a little from site to site but is generally something like this.
- In most cases you don't want to use the Universal App Loader, it's mainly for the iDEN phones
- Go to a mobile download site (see below for a list of ones that work) with the phone's built in browser
- If it asks you to pick a phone and yours isn't listed pick one with the same screen size, for example:
- Use Motorola V300 for the Bali, Rambler and Seek; Motorola (176x220).
- Use Motorola V190 for the W385 (128x160)
- Use Samsung A707 for the Incognito, Mirro and Juno (240x320)
- Find a game you want and click the download link or button
- Don't expect every game or app to work. Typically only about half of them do
Download sites that work: I've successfully downloaded and installed games from these sites to my Boost CDMA Motorola Rambler
GetJar: wap.getjar.com If GetJar says it doesn't recognize your phone choose Samsung, Motoroloa , LG or Java. It doesn't seem to matter which.
Sites that don't work
Umnet: This site is very badly designed. It's possible but difficult and time consuming to install games from Umnet using the Universal App Loader. See the Loader Help page for instructions