ELC (Expandable Liner Converter) is a program for converting between units of weight, distance, mass, time, speed, temperature, etc. It has hundreds of units predefined and it’s extensible, meaning you can add your own units.
The program is a little tricky to use. Here’s how:
- When the program starts it displays a list of types of conversions (Acceleration, Angle, Area…) as shown in the image.
- Highlight a type, for example “Area” and press the softkey labeled “Menu”.
- Choose “Convert” and then press the Menu key again and set the From M.U. (Measure Unit) for example “Acre”.
- Press Menu again and choose the To M.U., for example “Ft^2” (Square foot).
- Enter the value you want to convert in the first field, the second field instantly shows the converted value.
ELC doesn’t seem to work on my i776. When you start it, the list of conversions doesn’t appear, just the phrase “Expandable Line” so there’s no way to use it. It works fine on the Rambler.
The app “ELC” (49 KB) is ready to download or send to your phone as filename:”ELC”.
Type: Free Open Source
Author: Simone Pernice
Data Connection Required: No
Minimum Java ME profile: MIDP 2.0
Screen Size: All
iDEN Compatible: (tested on i776): No
Boost CDMA Compatible: (tested on Motorola Rambler): Yes
Supported iDEN phones: None known
Filesize: 49 KB
Downloading uses paid data. Downloads are for basic phones that support Java ME such as Nokia S40 phones. They do not work on Android, Apple, Firefox or Windows phones.